Champaign-Urbana Special Recreation is a joint program between Champaign & Urbana Park Districts to provide quality recreation programs and services for Champaign-Urbana residents with disabilities. CUSR Cupcake 5K is a philanthropic event that benefits the CUSR Scholarship Fund.
Here are 5 ways you can win at CUSR Cupcake 5K:
1. It doesn’t matter if you’re made of pure speed or have the pace of a sloth, everyone gets a cupcake!
2. CUSR Cupcake 5K has some pretty sweet race swag. All participants will receive a cupcake themed medal and register by October 18 to get this spiffy event t-shirt!
If you miss the t-shirt deadline, no worries! We will have them on-site the day of the race for $10 each.
3. With support from local businesses, every participant has a chance to win a prize after they get their cupcake! A prize from any of these businesses is 100% a win and the list is STILL growing:
4. Does your kiddo want to race, but 3.2 miles is too much running, walking, or rolling? CUSR also has a race just for them – CUSR Cupcake 100m Dash. After the Cupcake 5K has concluded, kids 10 years-old or younger can participate. Everyone gets a ribbon and, of course, a cupcake!
5. Ultimately, the most important win of this philanthropic event goes to the CUSR participants! All proceeds of the CUSR Cupcake 5K & 100m Dash benefit the CUSR Scholarship Fund. For some CUSR participants, the CUSR Scholarship Program is the only way they can have a safe place to go after school, compete on a sports team, or simply socialize with friends.
By registering for CUSR Cupcake 5K/100m Dash, you are helping make C-U a more inclusive community for individuals with disabilities.