Champaign-Urbana Special Recreation is a joint program between Champaign & Urbana Park Districts to provide quality recreation programs and services for Champaign-Urbana residents with disabilities. CUSR Cupcake 5K is a philanthropic event that benefits the CUSR Scholarship Fund.
Date: Sunday, November 5, 2023
Time: Check-in from 8-8:45a; Race starts at 9am
Location: Carle at the Fields
Deadline: Monday, October 9 at 5p to receive a t-shirt
Wednesday, November 1 (no t-shirt)
On-site registration: 8-8:30a (no t-shirt provided)
On-site registration fee: $40
Here are 5 ways you can win at CUSR Cupcake 5K:
1. It doesn’t matter if you’re made of pure speed or have the pace of a sloth, everyone gets a cupcake!
2. CUSR Cupcake 5K has some pretty sweet race swag. All participants will receive a cupcake themed medal and register by October 9 to get a spiffy event t-shirt!
3. With support from local businesses, every participant has a chance to win a prize after they get their cupcake!
If you have a local business and are interested in providing raffle prizes, email email@example.com for more information.
4. Does your kiddo want to race, but 3.2 miles is too much running, walking, or rolling? CUSR also has a race just for them – CUSR Cupcake 100m Dash. After the Cupcake 5K has concluded, kids 10 years-old or younger can participate. Everyone gets a ribbon and, of course, a cupcake!
5. Ultimately, the most important win of this philanthropic event goes to the CUSR participants! All proceeds of the CUSR Cupcake 5K & 100m Dash benefit the CUSR Scholarship Fund. For some CUSR participants, the CUSR Scholarship Program is the only way they can have a safe place to go after school, compete on a sports team, or simply socialize with friends.
Want to make a difference in your community? Volunteer for the 2023 CUSR Cupcake 5K! Whether that be handing out cupcakes, raffle prizes, or cheering on participants, there is a place for you to help. Click the button below to learn more and sign up.
By registering for CUSR Cupcake 5K/100m Dash, you are helping make C-U a more inclusive community for individuals with disabilities.
Have any questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (217) 819-3980